The Celebrant’s Assistant (CA) functions as the “Master of Ceremonies” for liturgical celebrations at St. Joseph’s Parish. In ecclesiastical terminology, this is the Liturgical Ministry of Acolyte.
This ministry is all about providing service to the community by eliminating distraction and miscues during the Liturgy. The CA is responsible for ensuring that all other ministries interact smoothly and efficiently by providing discrete direction to all concerned. Like the director of a play, the CA operates as much as possible “behind the scenes.”
“My experience as a CA makes me both humble and proud: proud to enable Liturgies that proceed smoothly and prayerfully, and humble to know all about the efforts that others put into creating a meaningful and cohesive Liturgy.”
The CA usually serves for one weekend liturgy every 4 to 6 weeks. The CA should arrive about 20 minutes before the beginning of the Liturgy to ensure that all is in order. The CA may be required to assist with clean up following the Liturgy.
- Knowledgeable concerning liturgical practices/theology and liturgical “flow,” especially at St. Joe’s
- Able to provide direct support and assistance to the presider throughout the Liturgy
- Watchfulness and ability to respond as needs arise
- Comfortable being visible throughout the Liturgy
- Comfortable with making announcements during the Liturgy
Interview: Meeting with the CA Coordinator
Contact: Bob Part 613-837-3368 firstname.lastname@example.org