The Baptism Preparation team seeks to provide a safe and encouraging space for families to prepare for the baptism of their young children – by helping them to explore and share their own faith experience as they look ahead to how they will introduce and raise their children in the Catholic faith. By creating a welcoming and open environment, the Baptism Preparation team integrates new parents into a Parish community that seeks to nourish the faith of its children, through companionship, solidarity, faith sharing, outreach and support. The Ministry welcomes and encourages new volunteers to the team.
Volunteers can be involved in any or all of the elements of the ministry including:
- Facilitating sessions with families preparing for the baptism of their child
Preparation sessions are offered 2-3 times a year on Saturday mornings. Group size is generally 3-6 families and their children
- Assisting the presider and families during baptism at Sunday liturgies
The preparation team members usually spend about one hour before Mass for set-up and about 20 minutes after Mass for clean-up.
- Participating in team meetings
- Ability to facilitate/co-facilitate group discussions
- Comfort with sharing own faith experience
- Flexibility in accommodating special requests and circumstances
- Orientation is provided and leader resources are available.
Contact: Kathy Crowe email@example.com