Parish Health and Wellness Coordinator – St. Joseph’s Parish (Sandy Hill) — 100 hours at $25/hour
This is a contract position with St. Joseph’s Parish in response to a parish needs survey.
The Parish’s Health and Wellness Working Group conducted a survey of parishioners and found interest in possible health and wellness initiatives within the community. As an initial response to the survey, the working group identified three key areas requiring a timely response; healthy aging, palliative care and support, and caregiver support.
To that end, we are currently looking to hire a temporary coordinator to address these areas through workshops and information sessions to be completed in Spring 2019.
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- Contacts within and knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system
- Experience in community building in the NGO sector
- Experience in creating and conducting workshops
- Experience in working with the public (particularly in a faith-based community)
- Proficiency in streaming and social media technology
Minimum education requirements:
- Undergraduate degree or College diploma in:
- Health Sciences/Health Promotion
- Social Work
- Health Management/Public Administration
- Counselling/Pastoral Ministry
Skills and Assets:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- An ability to think in an innovative manner regarding incorporation of technology in education and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficiency at working both collaboratively and independently as required
- Comfortable working with diverse demographics culturally and age-wise
Deadline for applicants: March 26, 2019
Start Date: April 3, 2019
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to Christopher Adam, Executive Director: [email protected]