Health & Wellness…Connecting Mind, Body, and Spirit
Current Resource List:
In spring 2019 and in response to a survey in Fall 2018, a St. Joe’s Health & Wellness Working Group was formed.
To gauge community interest, this Working Group, in turn, hired Michelle Miller to coordinate some Health & Wellness programming during May and June 2019. This initiative was very well received by the community.
The following programs were realized:
- “Being Mortal” Book Club: 5 Monday evenings. 7-9pm on May 27-June 24
*Also hosted virtual books club sessions for those who could not attend on a given evening.
- Healthy Aging Brunch: Sun, June 9, after 11:30am Mass
- Healthy Aging Workshop for Women’s Centre guests: Mon June 18 at 10:30am
- End of Life Workshop: Sat June 22 from 9-3pm
Session 1: Advanced Care Planning
Session 2: Understanding Palliative Care Approach
- Evening for Caregivers: Wed June 26 from 7-8:30pm
- Palliative Care Workshop for Women’s Centre staff: Thur June 27 from 3-4:15pm