Dear St. Joe’s parishioners,
Happy Easter! Although we’re not sure when we may be able to celebrate and meet again in our church, we hope that these resources prove meaningful in your personal reflection and prayers. Fr. Jim Bleackley OMI offers us a video reflection and a sung prayer. The prayer is set to the hymn “Ye Sons and Daughters of the Lord.” We are also providing below links to organ music by Parish Organist Tom Fagan, as well as the Easter Sunday Liturgy of the Word compiled by Jamie Loback. Thanks once again to Roshene and Keira Lawson for the video recording of the readings, and to all involved in assembling this material.
An Easter reflection and sung prayer from Fr. Jim:
Liturgical Material for Easter Sunday:
- Easter Sunday – April 12, 2020 – Liturgy of the Word for use at home
- READINGS FOR EASTER SUNDAY
- READINGS FOR CHILDREN – Easter Sunday
Music from St. Joe’s:
- Intermezzo from Cavallaria Rusticana by Mascagni
- Prelude to Jesus Christ Is Risen Today by Healey Willan
- Prelude on O filii et Filiae
- Hallelujah Chorus – Handel
- Ryan Mitchell, with help from Marsha Wilson, served 60 people this week at the St. Joe’s Food Bank. We continue to take special precautions when serving our guests, including offering this service by appointment only on Thursday and Friday, and following the accepted guidelines of physical distancing.
- Sunday Collection for Sunday, 5 April 2020: $5,760. Thank you for your generous support of our parish even in these difficult times. If you are a Sunday envelope user and would like to donate to the Parish during this period, please consider using Canada Helps. You may choose a fund of your choice using the drop-down menu on the form. For Canada Helps, please click here: http://www.st-josephs.ca/about/donations/