Dear St. Joseph’s community,
Not all of us are able to gather in-person for the Easter Triduum, marking the second Easter when we find ourselves expressing our faith, participating in our liturgy, and being part of our community’s life in very different ways. We are sharing with you a number of resources that we hope will keep you connected. Fr. Jim offers a homily for Easter Sunday and our Parish Music Ministry have recorded four virtual performances of music that you will recognize from our church. Two of the pieces are for Good Friday and two for Easter Sunday. Special thanks to Liam and Eileen Kennedy-MacDonald for editing the videos.
Music for Good Friday — Virtual Performances from the St. Joseph’s Choir
Jesus, Remember Me
Behold the Wood of the Cross — With Nollaig Walsh on violin, Jim McIntyre on guitar.
Liturgical Resources for Good Friday
Those wishing to observe the Easter Vigil at Home may use links from Living with Christ:
Easter Sunday Homily from Fr. Jim
Music for Easter Sunday — Virtual Performances from the St. Joseph’s Parish Music Ministry
He Is Risen — With soloists, Daniela Gunn-Doerge and Andrea MacWilliams, Lector: Sunita De Souza
Jesus Christ Is Risen Today
- Easter Sunday – April 4 2021 – Liturgy of the Word for use at home
- READINGS FOR EASTER SUNDAY
- READINGS FOR CHILDREN – Easter Sunday
- EASTER SUNDAY – 2021 – Prayers of the Faithful
- Mission Prayer
This year, the Easter lilies in our church are in memory of:
- The deceased members of the Murdoch and Fagan families
- Jane Williams
- The deceased members of the Adam and Oszlanszky families
- Gord Hilchie
- Michael Valiquette
Thank you to the Liturgical Environment Committee!
We are very grateful for the dedication and many hours of work from the Liturgical Environment Committee in preparing our church for the different celebrations during Holy Week and Easter. In a time of pandemic, when so many aspects of our parish community life have changed, one thing remains: the thoughtful preparation of our sacred space for our gatherings. Thank you!
New Office Hours
In light of the Provincial shutdown coming into effect April 3, 2021, the front office hours will be reduced for a period of 28 days. The new hours are Monday to Friday, 10:00 a.m.to 2:00 p.m.
Reduced Capacity at Masses
During the period of the shutdown, the reduced maximum capacity at Mass is 15% in the main body of the church, or 50 people . Registration for weekday Noon Masses is not required, but we will be providing online registration forms for weekend liturgies. Please be sure to self-screen before attending Mass and please stay home if you have any symptoms.
Development and Peace: Share Love, Share Lent — Holy Week and Easter
- Don’t miss the special Solidarity Way of the Cross on Good Friday! – At 12:00 p.m. ET (Note the time change) – This year, the Development and Peace Way of the Cross invites us to reflect on the need to share love and to develop greater social fraternity in light of Jesus’s passion, death and resurrection. Register here: Meeting Registration – Zoom
- Thank you for journeying with Development and Peace during our Share Love, Share Lent We hope you found it spiritually enriching as well as informative and inspiring.
- It’s not too late to donate to this year’s campaign. Anyone who becomes a Share Year-Round donor between Ash Wednesday and Pentecost, will have their donations matched dollar-for-dollar for the next year. And you will receive a lifetime membership as a thank you! You can donate via the St. Joe’s Canada Help’s page – https://www.canadahelps.org/en/charities/131771990RR0006-saint-joseph-parish/ or at Share Love | Development and Peace (devp.org). Or you can call the D&P office at 1-888-234-8533; or send a cheque to the D&P office – 1425 René-Lévesque Boul., West, 32rd Floor, Montreal, QC H3G 1T7.
- Have a joyous and safe Easter.
St. Joseph’s Parish wishes all of you a safe and blessed Easter!