Part-time position at the St. Joe’s Supper Table
- Position title: Team Lead
- Department: St. Joe’s Supper Table
- Reports to: Manager, St. Joe’s Supper Table
- Hours: 23 hours per week, Monday to Friday, afternoons/evenings
- Remuneration: $17.00/hour
- Start Date: 29 April 2019
The St. Joe’s Supper Table, an outreach ministry of St. Joseph’s Parish, is seeking to hire a part-time Team Lead to assist the Manager in the operations of the community meal and food bank program. Our ministry offers healthy meals to the marginalized Monday to Friday and operates an on-site and off-site food bank for Sandy Hill. The work of the Supper Table embodies the Mission Statement of St. Joseph’s Parish, which calls us to be “a welcoming community gathered together in weakness and strength by the Spirit of Jesus, nurturing its faith by sharing the Word and breaking the Bread, remembering and celebrating God’s love for us.”
The St. Joe’s Supper Table Team Lead will:
- Be responsible for the oversight of dinner service volunteer teams after 5:00 p.m.
- Work the front door during dinner service, providing a welcoming presence and maintaining safety as guests enter
- Be responsible for closing tasks at the end of the dinner service, including overseeing kitchen and dining area clean-up
- Assist in the proper storage of food
- Serve coffee to guests in the afternoon at the front window
- Assist the Supper Table Manager in administrative tasks
- Working alongside the Supper Table Chaplain and Manager, participating in conversations with guests as appropriate
- Assist in the front office with receptionist or administrative tasks when regular administrative staff are away
- Serve as a staff presence, as needed, in the church during afternoon choir rehearsals, being available as a resource to our partners in the music community
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience working in churches and/or in the NGO sector
- Volunteer management skills
- Crisis management skills
- Experience working with marginalized populations
- Experience working in food services
- Summer camp and/or youth day camp experience
- Excellent time management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication in English
- Leadership skills
- A strong sense of compassion and patience
- Dependable and demonstrated ability to take the initiative
- Experience in Roman Catholic/Christian faith-based service
- College diploma in a relevant field
- Undergraduate studies
- Training in health, food preparation and general safety-related protocols
How to apply:
- Please submit a cover letter with a résumé to Christopher Adam, Parish Executive Director: email@example.com.
- Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an interview with the Parish Executive Director and the Manager of the St. Joe’s Supper Table.
We who choose St. Joseph’s Parish are called, as part of the Body of Christ, in the Archdiocese of Ottawa to be:
• A Proclaiming Community which is a living witness to Christ in the inner city and in partnership with the Oblates of Mary Immaculate proclaims the Good News to the poor.
• A Welcoming Community which is gathered together in weakness and strength by the Spirit of Jesus to nurture its faith by sharing the Word and breaking the Bread, remembering and celebrating God’s love for us.
• A Discerning Community which inspired and led by the Holy Spirit on a journey of Faith, encourages the gifts of individuals to flourish.
• A Ministering Community which serves the needs of its people and reaches out in solidarity, especially to those who are poor and marginalized in the community at large.