St. Joseph’s Parish is seeking a part-time bookkeeper, working 23 hours per week, to provide general bookkeeping services for the church, the St. Joe’s Supper Table and the St. Joe’s Women’s Centre.
Reports to: Executive Director
Hourly rate: $18.00
Hours: 23 hours per week, spread across three weekdays
Term: 1 year with the possibility of an extension.
Start Date: 18 June 2019
Location: 151 Laurier Avenue East, Ottawa, ON, K1N 6N8. All hours are worked on-site.
- Maintain the Parish’s financial records using QuickBooks Online software, as per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Process and input approximately 4,000 transactions per year;
- Input and allocate revenue data from weekly revenue sheets;
- Input biweekly payroll using ADP software;
- Manage employee benefits, including Group RRSP plan;
- Issue cheques and other payments/reimbursements in a timely manner;
- Manage all regular bill payments;
- Issue invoices for, and manage accounts receivable;
- Reconcile bank statements on a monthly basis;
- Manage all staff credit card accounts;
- Provide the Executive Director with regular financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets and cash flow statements;
- Prepare for the annual audit and work closely with the Parish’s external auditors;
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings or as required;
- Submit the annual charitable return to the CRA;
- Annual HST filing;
- Ensure adherence to parish financial policies and procedures, and recommend best practices, as appropriate;
- A completed bookkeeping diploma from an accredited college;
- A minimum of one year of professional bookkeeping experience;
- Experience working with QuickBooks Online;
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office programmes;
- Excellent English-language verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of Roman Catholic sacramental terminology and parish life;
- An ability to work both independently and in a collegial team environment;
- An embrace of the Parish’s mission to be a welcoming and inclusive community;
- Respect for the Charism of the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate, which calls us to minister “to those who are abandoned by the church and society”.
To apply, please send your cover letter and résumé to Christopher Adam, Parish Executive Director, by email: email@example.com .