To work in collaboration with the Director, the Ontario District Community, the Springhurst Residents and the Local Leadership Team (to include the Director, Treasurer, perhaps another Oblate) to assure the smooth operation of Springhurst Residence for a quality of life in line with the purpose of the residence.
Operations of the Residence
- Ensures that all operational needs of the residence are met;
- Ensures that the policies of the Residence are undertaken;
- Ensures that the daily operations of the residence are performed;
- Ensures coverage and awareness for “emergency” repairs and maintenance;
- Ensures that staff schedules, menus, sign-out sheets are updated and posted;
- Provides all accounting/bookkeeping services for the Residence.
- Plans all capital improvements and maintenance;
- Manages contracts for all capital expenditures;
- Oversees and administers all work on capital expenditures.
- Prepares annual operating and capital budgets for approval by the Residence Leadership Team and the Ontario District Superior and Council;
- Prepares quarterly financial statements for approval by the Residence Leadership Team and the Ontario District Superior and Council;
- Prepares quarterly comparative income to budget reports;
- Ensures that expenditures are in line with the budget;
- Applies for government rebates (i.e. GST/HST), where applicable.
- Manages all staffing requirements (hiring, scheduling, performance reviews, termination);
- Determines staffing requirements, maintains job descriptions up-to-date;
- Oversees all staff and meets individually or as a group as required;
- Collects and approves staff time sheets and submits to OMI Lacombe bi-weekly;
- Handles all questions related to payroll and benefits;
- Prepares employment agreements and ensures appropriate forms are given to staff;
- Coordinates and prepares vacation schedules for staff;
- Maintains staff files in neat and orderly fashion (including previous staff no longer working with Springhurst).
Coordination / Meetings
- Responds to requests of Residents, visitors/guests and other Oblates;
- Manages guest welcome and guest room logs;
- Assists in planning regular meetings for operations with the Leadership Team;
- Provides an Administrator’s Report monthly for the Springhurst BOC;
- Plans as needed meetings with the Ontario District Treasurer for budget preparation and financial reporting;
- Plans regular stall meetings to review Residence duties or projects as required or assigned.
- Manages all guests, invoicing and payment collection;
- Collects rent from the residents and makes deposit, as needed;
- Manages all suppliers of the Residence, invoices, cheques/transfers in a timely fashion;
- Inputs all invoices, deposits into Quick Books;
- Administers and balances credit card account monthly; reconciles bank statements monthly;
- Maintains financial files in neat & orderly fashion;
- Prepares for annual financial review by outside professionals.
- Oblates, tenants and all staff related to the Residence
- Oblates of OMI Lacombe and Notre-Dame-du-Cap provinces
- Contractors and external service providers
- Members of the general public
- Representatives of other key communities
- Intermediate knowledge of Quick Books 2014
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft products
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to respect confidentiality
- Communications skills to work one to one, and within a group
Direct resumes or inquiries to Rob Meilleur at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-230-2225 ext. 228.