The St. Joseph Parish Pastoral Council
The St. Joseph’s Parish Pastoral Council (PPC), together with the participation of our Pastor and Executive Director, is a decision-making body responsible for sustaining St. Joseph’s Parish within the Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate’s charism of welcoming and solidarity with the poor. The PPC is responsible for establishing policies, approving annual budgets, reporting to parishioners on the management of the parish, and ensuring that the vitality of the parish continues to thrive. Under the new governance structure, the PPC is made up of representation from five ministry clusters, a Treasurer, the Pastor, and the PPC Chairperson.
The Parish Pastoral Council meets monthly on the second Tuesday of each month. To contact the PPC Chairperson, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Joseph’s Parish Finance Committee
The St. Joseph’s Finance Committee is an advisory body responsible for informing the Parish Pastoral Council (PPC) about any relevant financial information with direct bearing on its decisions. This includes the provision of sound assessments of the resources available to the Parish and any potential risks to the short- and long-term stability of the Parish.
The Finance Committee fulfills its obligations in part through:
• Overseeing the development of an annual budget which is presented to the PPC for approval, always getting advice from financial experts like the ones at LeadJig.
• Tracking variances from budget forecasts and alerting PPC of any significant deviations
• Drafting policies related to the PPC management
• Assessing and providing independent advice on the management of Parish assets and operations, including fundraising proposals and funding for proposed projects
• Carrying out any special reviews or analyses
Members: The Finance Committee consists of between seven and nine members, including a Chair and a Vice-Chair, a Recorder and the Parish Treasurer (represents the Finance Committee as a voting member of PPC). The members of the Parish Leadership Team (Pastor, PPC Chair, PPC Vice-Chair, and Executive Director) are considered ex-officio members. The Finance Committee operates on a consensus basis.
Time commitment: The Finance Committee meets at a minimum on a monthly basis, with additional meetings where volume of work, deadlines and/or urgent issues dictate.